1. Take Notes: Make notes of how many boxes from each room you pack and label them!
2. Get the Bed Ready: Designate one drawer of a dresser for sheets and towels so that you won't have to rummage through boxes for these essentials the first night in your new home.
3. Don't forget about the Fridge: After you've thoroughly cleaned and dried the inside of your refrigerator, put a handful of fresh coffee, baking soda or charcoal in a sock or nylon stocking and place it inside to keep the interior smelling fresh.
4. Keep the Phone Book: Take your current phone book with you. You may need to make calls to residents or businesses back in your former hometown.
5. Pack Heavy - Pack Light: Pack heavy items in small boxes and lighter items in larger boxes. If you have alot of books, remember pack books in small boxes to insure that the books dont break through the boxes and it also helps the movers when moving your heavy boxes also!
6. Give out your Number: Before the movers leaves for your destination residence, give him a phone number where you can be reached. It is also a good idea to provide him with an alternate contact in case you can't be reached.
7. Protect Your Memories: If it's irreplaceable, take it with you in the car (you don't want regrets later). But if you do decide to pack framed photos or art, place sheets or blankets between them for added protection. The movers at Verlys Pro Moving Labor takes great pride in protecting your items and our movers insure your items are secure and will travel to your new home safe and sound!
8. Know how to Pack Plates and Records: Plates and record albums should be packed on end vertically, rather than placed flat and stacked.
9. Remember the Bare Necessities: Toilet paper, telephone, toiletries, snacks, coffee (and pot), soap, flashlight, screwdriver, pliers, can opener, paper plates, cups, utensils, a couple of pans, paper towels, and cleaning supplies are some of the essentials you may need upon arrival at your new home. Pack a box with these types of items and ask your van foreman to load it last so that it will be unloaded first.
10: Unscrew Bulbs: Remove bulbs before packing your lamps.
11. Enjoy the Help: Leave the rest to the professionals, sit back and relax, and look forward to the new opportunities, friends and experiences that are part of any move. Be sure to get a good night’s rest before the pickup and delivery days. The Professional Movers at Verlys Pro Moving Labor look forward to giving you a stress free moving exp and with our tips and our Professional Movers you can be sure to rest easy!
We load and unload rental trucks, pods, ABF trailers, storage units, pianos, hot tubs, vending machines, in-house moves, from one piece to whole house, we do it all, our goal complete satisfaction. For just $130.00 for 5 star movers we are the top moving company in IL with over 1,000 customer references!!!